Markey Insurance Brokers values the community in which we operate and recognise the important role members of the community have in the ongoing success of business in our region.
Markey is committed to building strong relationships and supporting the local community, and we provide this through cash donations, in-kind support, sponsorship of local sporting groups and clubs, and organising fundraising activities.
Since 2008, Markey has run a Charity Golf Day at Belmont Golf Club. These, to date, have proved to be great fun and amazingly successful. We are proud to have donated over $372,000 to our selected local charities including Got Your Back Sista, Hunter Medical Research Institute, Hunter Children’s Research Foundation, ConnectAbility, Life Education, Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance, Hunter Medical Research Institute and Mental Health Carers ARAFMI Hunter Inc.
Other clubs and organisations we have been involved with and which we have proudly supported include:
- Charlestown Netball
- Dudley Seaside Classic Tennis Competition
- Got Your Back Sista
- Hunter Life Education
- Hunter Children’s Research Foundation (HCRF)
- Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI)
- Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance ((HPCA)
- Life Education Australia and Life Education – Gold Harold Awards
- Lions Club, Elermore Vale
- Mental Health Carers ARAFMI Hunter Inc.
- Merewether Golf Club
- Macquarie Soccer Academy
- South Newcastle Hockey Club
- The Cancer Council – Relay For Life
- Wangi RSL Sailing Club
- World Vision Child Sponsorship